Monday, June 4, 2012

E3 Day 1; Couch Coverage


Okay, since nobody asked, my impressions of today's E3 coverage.  Let me preface with this, I own a 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, and every Nintendo handheld, on top of an iPhone, so I play everything.  I also play all types of games, for the most part.  I don't care for sports titles, but I do play a mix of everything.  Anyway, here I go.

Let me see what I can remember.  I did watch the entire thing...

I have no interest in CoD, MoH, Farcry, Halo... or really any shooters BUT I was impressed with how much game play they showed.  We got to see how the games worked, information on what makes them new compared to the last iterations, and so on.  That was nice.

Over all Sony was bust for me.  Sony Smash Bros. looks fun enough but I don't care enough about any of the characters (except MAYBE Parappa) to warrant a purchase until it gets cheap.  I like that Sony is doing cross-play and cross-save with PS3 and Vita but (If I owned a Vita - which I may one day) I'm not going to buy two copies of a game.  I can leave the house without having to play Street Fighter x Tekken.

I don't care about sports titles at all so... moving on.

What else... what else...

I'll move onto x-box.  X-box didn't really seem to talk about anything of value to me?  Mostly connectivity and kinect.  I guess Microsoft hasn't gotten the memo yet, Kinect's fans are few and far between.

Game trailers/demos that excited me; The Last of Us, Ellen Page is Psychic, Resident Evil 6, Star Wars 1313, oh, and freaking RAYMAN LEGENDS for WII U!  And South Park: The Stick of Truth.  I am so excited for Rayman and South Park.

That is about it for today's impressions with me, I guess.

Also, Usher sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment